Tuesday, July 04, 2006

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today
On the beach on Coronado island
We lay side by side on the sand
With tears of joy and emotion in your eyes
You said to me:
"I've realized
that I'm very much in love with you
and I hope to be on this beach with you
next 4th of July."


You are a liar.


I don't know if you were lying then,
or later when you said the things
I wish I could forget.
I don't think you know the truth yourself.
I know I'll never understand.

You don't know what love is.
You know nothing
of commitment
of compassion
of consideration
You know only how to gratify yourself.
You care for nothing but your own immediate comfort.

I wasted my love on the desert of your empty heart
And now my heart is barren
I was blinded by your shallow beauty
And my vision is still poisoned.

I want to wash my heart clean
I want to burn you out of my mind
So that one year from today
One year ago today
Will have no hold on me.

5 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I wish for that writing about this helps to ease the pain. I truly believe it takes a year to get over a really deep hurt. Sounds like you are not there yet so be gentle with yourself and keep writing it out. It will fade away. Really.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Pyrrho said...

ah, it's hard to say a thing... but I'd like to.

Beautiful women can have beautiful men. But beautiful men getting beautiful women are often content to be asses, are content to lie (to themselves, be sure, unthinking), are NOT good representatives of man in general.

it might not be clear what I'm saying... so I'll put it more simply.

What an idiotic bastard he must be, or at least have been! I sincerely hope he gets it in his future, right after falling face first in pig mud. "Ahah! he'll say, like this mud, I'm half shit... perhaps I should fertilize something next time."

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Pyrrho said...

btw, I think I should be made honorarilly eligible for the men suck night!

you know, in mainstream male culture, to fit in you basically have to be a psychotic bastard?

and not in the good way either.

And I don't suck... instead I generally... wait a second, this comment was about to be rather innappropriate for this thread.

Don't let it get you down, he said, knowing you have to go through it to get past it... take care.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Pyrrho said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Pyrrho said...

rereading: by "gets it" in the future I mean "understands it"... an entirely Freudian mistake, I promise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home